Visit my Craft Studio,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the photo. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Its that time......

for cards like this. I have a tradition of creating a card and sweet bag of goodies for my boys, they have come to expect it every year for valentines day. Now I didnt think this could happen but must confess that as my boys got older I burned out on carving pumpkins, making fresh decorated valentine cookies, valentine goodie bags, dying easter eggs, easter baskets etc. You know all the fun things you do with your kiddos for the holidays. One year( not long ago) I didnt do a valentine goodie and the BOYS noticed and called me on it. They let me know I ALWAYS have something and they wanted to know what happened. So after a short hiatus from the holiday fun stuff I got my self in gear.

Its been a long week and I am so happy that tomorrow is FRIDAY. I had this page open yesterday and was just too pooped to finish it up. I feel a little better today as I slept like a log last night. I do LUV when I sleep like that:)

So I thought it would be fun to have a little blog blurb called Whats on my Desk, if you choose to leave a comment I would luv to know whats on your desk too!!

Whats on my Desk today:

A stack of swap cards that need to go in the mail
Febuary stamp of the month called Piece of Cake (SUPER CUTE)
EK succes embossed curve border punch
My black berry ( its never far away)
Unfinished scrap page of Kam in the snow
Sspool of glue dots
TV remote
Pack of pictures waiting to be scrapped
Mango Mandarin body splash by Bath&Body ( I use it for room freshener)
Buttons
The stamps I used to make this card 3 days ago





I LUV the dollar stamps at Michaels, I bought 24 new stamps. Felt like I went on a major shopping spree.

For this card I used Taylored Expression sketch. I cut a piece of felt with my scallop scissors, I backed the cupid and the script in the same polka dot base paper and popped them off the paper, you know thats a favorite thing for me to do. Used some colored bling and chocolate ribbon. I really like all the fun things I did on this card.

ETA: Felt is so fun to work with, its super cheap and comes in lots of colors. trace letters on it and cut them out, stamp images like cupcake tops or flowers and cut them out, cut scallop borders,or use your pinking shears to cut squares. A favorite is to use your die cut machine to cut out flowers or other fun shapes.

One of my favorite people to hang out with, is he cute or what?

Johnny doing is homework, sunday afternoon 1-24-10

Thanks for visiting

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Cute card and a darling picture!

Sheila H said...

I can't even begin to tell you what's on my work space - it's a total mess! Both your card and little boy are darling!